Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions Agreement of Sale.
Please read the following document carefully prior to making your purchase.
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice. Prices on website are an indication only and all prices should be checked by sales person prior to placing an order.
The use of this site is governed by the TERMS AND CONDITIONS AGREEMENT OF SALE set forth below. Your use of this site or purchase from Pit Crew Computers indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. All sales, whether internet based or in store are subject to these terms and conditions. It is important that you read and fully understand this document at the time of purchase.
Pit Crew Computers reserves the right to make changes to this web site and these terms and conditions at any time without any prior notice.
all items displayed on this website are kept in stock. Although we
carry a very large stock holding it is not possible to stock every
single item. In this case an ETA (estimated time of arrival) will be
made available to you. Generally this is within 24 hours providing our
suppliers have stock.
- To process order, some items may require an initial 20% non-refundable deposit.
attempt to cancel an order must be made as soon as possible.
Cancellations attempted after the dispatching will result in the
customer having to pay the shipping and handling charges on the package
and the cost of shipping the package back.
for a custom built systems where special non stocked components were
ordered in will incur a 15% cancellation fee. This is to reflect the
labour cost and the depreciation for the used parts. We cannot refund
any software which has already been registered. Therefore software
orders which are cancelled may incur higher fees.
- Cancellation for specially ordered items will also attract a 15% cancellation fee. This is to cover the return to stock fee implied by our suppliers and shipping cost.
of goods where the payment terms selected is by pre-payment, is subject
to fund clearance. This includes direct deposits, payment by company
For pick up orders, payment can be made by credit card, direct bank deposit, cash, company cheque (must be approved by management and by prior arrangement). Cash deposit, fund transfer requires overnight for the fund to be cleared. Company cheque deposit will take 3 or 4 days to be cleared, unless previous trading relationship has been established.
- Please make your cheque or money order payable to: Pit Crew Computers.
doing a funds transfer or direct deposit into our account, please use
your name as the deposit Reference. It is also required that a deposit
slip be sent to us by fax or E-mail (scanned). For Internet funds
transfer please cut and paste the transfer details and send to us by
- Our banking details:
Account Name: Pit Crew Computers
BSB: 302-960 Account: 0063963
- We do not ship to Post office Boxes.
- We do not ship to third party addresses.
- We currently do not ship to countries outside of Australia unless we have either a personal or an established business relationship with you.
are responsible for paying any freight charges incurred by refused
shipment and unclaimed goods. Pit Crew Computers will make every effort
to deliver on time. However, we shall not be held liable for delay or
are responsible to have someone at the delivery address to sign for and
accept the delivery. Cost for re-delivery attempts will be passed to
the customers if the delivery address is unattended at the time of
- Prices of some products may incur a delivery fee with insurance for orders placed via internet. This will generally apply for high value products.
Return and refund
will be no credit given on order price difference, due to price drops.
Please select carefully at the time when you place your order.
for refund will only be accepted within 7 days of the original invoice
date and for goods that have not been used or opened. A restocking fee
of 10%-30% of the purchase price may be deducted depending on the item.
Returned goods must be in their original sales condition and include all
the original manuals, disks, etc and packaging. Anything which is not
sealed must be replaced at the customers expense. Shipping and handling
cost are not refundable. This return for refund policy is applicable for
change of mind, wrong item(s) purchased, but is at the discretion of
the manager. For procedures regarding "Dead On Arrival" goods please
refer to the warranty section.
incorrect, missing or damaged items received must be reported to Pit
Crew Computers within 24 hours of you receiving the delivery and can
only be done via phone.
item(s) received is not what was ordered please do not open the sealed
package in which it was sent. Any attempt to use the incorrect item will
be deemed to be acceptance by the customer of the item(s) as a
satisfactory substitute for the one that was ordered and no further
claim can be raised thereafter.
- Pit Crew Computers owns the title of any extra goods shipped with your order that have been despatched in error.
- Unless stated otherwise on the product page all goods sold under the Clearance Sale category have no warranty whatsoever.
goods sold by Pit Crew Computers come with a one-year back to base
manufacturer warranty, it can only be shorter if a special note is
mentioned about an item. Most computer systems built by Pit Crew
Computers carry a one year parts warranty. This warranty is not
transferable. The system warranty only covers the system unit, it does
not extend to any peripheral components such as monitors, keyboard etc.
All the peripheral components are covered by standard manufacturer
- Goods under warranty cover will be replaced or repaired by the manufacturers. No refund can be provided under any circumstances.
Crew Computers is responsible for the handling of most products'
warranty processes. Warrantees for individual parts we sell are provided
by the manufacturers, not Pit Crew Computers.
only covers the item(s) sold by Pit Crew Computers. Warranty does not
cover any other equipment used in conjunction with the item(s) sold by
Pit Crew Computers. Customers should not return the whole computer
system unless they are unsure what the problem is themselves. Such
warranty jobs may be applicable to a service charge. However in most
cases may be waived by the sales or warranty manager in charge.
Crew Computers does not handle warranty claim for those goods where the
manufacturer accepts direct warranty claims from customers. Most
monitors, printers, notebooks etc are covered by direct manufacturer
(Dead on arrival) items are eligible for refund or an instant
replacement from our stock. DOA items must be reported and returned
within 7 days from the invoice date. Failure to report and return a DOA
item within 7 days will result in you not being able to claim the item
as a DOA. This is particularly important for printers, monitors etc
where the manufacturers have strict guidelines.
for some items will be at the current market price - not at the
original purchase price. This is due to rapid depreciation of computer
must request a RA (Return Authorisation) number prior to returning any
merchandise to Pit Crew Computers. RA number is deemed effective for
only 5 days including the day of issue. RA number can be obtained by
E-mailing our support, or by phone call. RA number are only issued when
we consider the item is in fact faulty from the descriptions provided by
large percentage of returned goods are found to be, not faulty. If the
returned goods are determined by Pit Crew Computers to not be faulty,
then all returning shipping fees will be worn by the customer. Payment
of shipping fees must be paid before goods are returned to the customer.
Pit Crew Computers also reserves the right to charge the labour cost
for examining these goods where no fault was found. The standard charge
for returning a non-faulty component is $30, however this may be waived
in some cases.
warrantees are voided if returned product is found in any way to be
mishandled, misinstalled, modified, tampered, abused, physically damaged
or used under wrong voltage etc. Only an authorised technician may
attempt to take the cover of any system built by Pit Crew Computers to
make modifications etc. We request that customers with little knowledge
of a desktop computers electronics not try to attempt to install devices
themselves for their own personal safety and to avoid the risk of
Crew Computers is not responsible for data contents or the security of
the data contents contained in any returned goods. Our workshop works
under strict guidelines, not to intercept with any customer data.
However it is impossible to say that your data is 100% safe at any time.
We STRONGLY advise customers to back up any data prior to sending the
goods back to us, data can be destroyed during testing, re-formatting
etc. It is also beyond the scope of our control once the device is sent
to our supplier. We can attempt to backup the data prior to a service
job onto hard drive or CD-RW but this service will incur a standard
attach a copy of the original invoice. A detailed fault description
sheet must be sent together with all the returning warranty goods.
Customers coming back to collect items from warranty must provide the
original warranty form that was given at the time the product was
is responsible for proper packaging of RA returns. All warranties will
be void on items that are insufficiently or inaccurately packaged.
Customer is responsible for all the shipping charges associated with
returning the defective merchandise. If any item(s) returned for
warranty claim is determined to be physically damaged, the item(s) will
be returned to the customer as is. All disks, manuals, etc and original
packaging must accompany items returned. We urge customers to NOT
DESTROY ANY BOXES THEY RECEIVE WITH THEIR NEW COMPUTER! They may be
essential at a later stage.
is responsible for any shipping and insurance cost involved in sending
the warranty claim goods back to Pit Crew Computers. Pit Crew Computers
is not responsible for any parcel missing in transit, on its return back
to Pit Crew Computers. We strongly advise that you send all items via
registered and insured mail for peace of mind.
- Product(s) discontinued by manufacturer(s) shall be replaced by a similar product or a credit will be given at the current market value or the purchase price whichever is lower.
Warranty turnaround time
time for warranty claims largely depends on the suppliers or the
distributors. We will try our best to speed up the process. Please
understand the time involved for a warranty claim will include: our time
to test the item, shipping back to the supplier, supplier's own test
and replacement/repair, and the shipping back to us. Some suppliers,
such as Seagate, are located overseas. This can mean delays of over 4
weeks. However in such cases, at the discretion of the manager, the item
may be replaced out of our own stock or customers may be given an
option to upgrade the item at reduced price.
- We do not provide advance replacement under most circumstances. Please keep this in mind when you place your order. Pit Crew Computers is not responsible for any losses resulting from the time it takes to have the faulty item replaced or repaired. However, we may consider giving an immediate replacement at our discretion.
- pitcrewcomputers.com.au provides links to other sites. Use of such links assumes that you understand that you are leaving this site, and that you do so at your own risk. You will be solely responsible to take protective measures against viruses and/or other destructive factors.
to changing market forces and other extenuating circumstances that
affect product availability, and price stability we reserve the right to
withdraw any product we advertise and change prices without notice.
contained throughout the web pages and in our database is believed to
be accurate and reliable at the time of publishing. There may be
misprints, human errors, and omissions. We reserve the right to make
changes and corrections in prices, products, and specifications without
displayed on this web site should be regarded as illustrative and
informational purpose only. The actual products are often not identical
to the images.
provides hyperlinks (URL) to other sites. Use of such links assumes
that you understand that you are leaving this site, and that you do so
at your own risk. You will be solely responsible to take protective
measures against viruses and/or other destructive factors. Hyperlinks (URL) that are provided for our product pages can only be used as references only. Furthermore the products we carry are often not identical as the contents contained in the links. If unsure, please contact our sales team.
- Your use of the Pit Crew Computer Website is at your own risk. Pit Crew Computers does not guarantee or warrant that this site will be uninterrupted, without delay, omission free, error free, or free of viruses. Pit Crew Computers makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy or completeness. Pit Crew Computers specifically disclaims any liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Pit Crew Computer website whether Pit Crew Computers is aware of such errors or omissions or not. To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither Pit Crew Computers nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Pit Crew Computer website is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or exemplary damages or any loss of business, interest, goodwill, revenue or profit, or loss or corruption of data, arising out of your access to, or use of, or inability to use or access, the Pit Crew Computer website. Without limiting the foregoing, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, everything on the Pit Crew Computer website is provided to you "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Please note that the Trade Practices Act 1974 and similar State and Territory legislation in Australia may confer rights and remedies on you in relation to the provision by Pit Crew Computers of goods or services on the Pit Crew Computer website which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified ("Non-excludable Rights"). Notwithstanding the foregoing paragraph, Pit Crew Computers does not exclude any Non-excludable Rights but does exclude all other conditions and warranties, whether implied by custom, law or statute. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Pit Crew Computers liability for breach of any implied warranty, condition or undertaking which cannot be excluded is limited, at the option of Pit Crew Computers, to: (a) in the case of services, the supply of the services again or the payment of the cost of having services supplied again; and (b) in the case of goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of such goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
- All logos and trademarks appeared on this website are the properties of their respective owners.
The Pit Crew Computer Team.